University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.


All graduate school international applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered for graduate admission to the University of Idaho: 
Have earned a bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a recognized accrediting body, a ministry of education, or an official quality assurance organization. The bachelor's degree should be equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree consisting of four years of study (120 semester credit hours or 180 quarter hours).

An official academic record from all post-secondary education institutions attended is required. This may take some time so start this early in your application process.

Graduate Admissions at University of Idaho uses a variety of sources to determine equivalencies. It is important to note that the list of equivalencies below is not complete, but rather represents the most common credentials we receive from each country.

Transferring Internationally earned credits requires a course-by-course professional credential evaluation.

Equivalent Degree(s)

  1. Titulo de Licenciature: Titulo de Licenciatura en (field of study)/Titulo de (field of study)/Diploma de (field of study) Licentiate in/Title of/Diploma in (field of study) awarded after 4-5 years of post-secondary study. May appear in any of the variations shown here.

  2. Titulo de Ingeniero

  3. Titulo Professional

Note: equivalents are subject to change without notice.

What to Submit

  1. Clear and legible photocopies of all graduation certificates or diplomas issued by the institution attended. (e.g. Título de Técnico Superior/ Tecnólogo, Profesional/ Licenciado, Maestro/ Magister, Doctor.)


Academic transcripts (certificado de estudios /calificaciones) that list all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.


An official written statement certifying that you have been awarded your academic credential. The Academic Records Request Form may serve as written certification.

How to Submit

To be submitted directly from the Registrar of the institution attended.

Note: Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized educational institutions. Some institutions will not send official documents. If this is the case, a professional credential evaluation will be required.


If the awarding institution does not provide mailing options to the US, provide the Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form to your institution. Request the institution to fill out the form and place the form with your documents in an official envelope sealed by the appropriate office and give the sealed envelope to you. You can then mail this to the Graduate Admissions Office. Do not open the envelope or break the official seal.

Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized personnel. Credentials attested by persons outside the authorized office, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will not be accepted.

Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.

University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by an outside, independent party. Reminder, transferring Internationally earned credits requires a course-by-course professional credential evaluation.

Office of Graduate Admissions

Physical Address:

820 Idaho Avenue
Morrill Hall, Room 205
Moscow, ID 83843

Mailing Address:

University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019