University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.


Students are encouraged to apply online.

Students, faculty, and staff record their own photo for VandalCards. Signatures are no longer recorded. Read instructions for photos and more about VandalCards.

Hats are not allowed in photos. For those unable to record their own photo, the University of Idaho, Idaho Falls Student Services department records photos for VandalCards. Hours are typically 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 208-757-5412 or email Student Services for an appointment. Finished VandalCards will be delivered to your mailing address on file. Allow at least three weeks for processing. 

See Registration Deadlines.

Visit “How to Register” for a step-by-step registration process.

Questions? Contact 208-885-6731 or

Students at U of I Idaho Falls may order their textbooks online via the VandalStore.

Students may also visit the ISU University Place Bookstore for textbooks. Visit to browse the shelves virtually.

For university place, visit Idaho State University's Support Services page for information regarding disability support. You may also find information on the University of Idaho Center for Disability Access and Resources' website.

The University of Idaho, Idaho Falls campus provides test proctoring at the Student Services Office for a fee of $25 per test taken.

Call 208-757-5403 for an appointment to take your test. Exceptions to this policy include current U of I students, Independent Studies of Idaho and Engineering Outreach.

Wi-Fi is available in all building at University Place.

Select AirVandalGold as the network and log on using your U of I NetID username and password.

University of Idaho students have access to both electronic and print resources from the university’s library. U of I Idaho Falls students may access the U of I’s Moscow-based library, borrow materials through interlibrary loan, take advantage of the Idaho National Laboratory Technical Library, and have access to the resources of our partner institution, Idaho State University.

The resources of U of I Library may be accessed via the library’s website and logging in with a Vandal email address and password. If you have questions about accessing information resources from off-campus in print and electronic formats, are interested in information resources pertinent to your discipline, or have general research questions, contact the distance education librarian at 208-885-2503.

Students may request print books be mailed to them at no cost, and may contact librarians for assistance finding any needed materials. The U of I Library may be accessed at non-U of I connected computers by anyone with a U of I Library card.

Your VandalCard may be used as your library card, or call 208-885-6843 or email to receive a barcode number.

Proof of Valid Health Insurance

The Idaho State Board of Education requires proof of valid health insurance as a condition of enrollment. This policy is mandatory for all Idaho public universities and colleges and applies to all degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate students physically enrolled for classes or completing other required degree work within the state of Idaho.

International Student Requirements

The health insurance requirement applies to all international students enrolled at the Moscow campus or University of Idaho centers regardless of degree-seeking status or credit hours. International students are required to purchase SHIP for themselves and their accompanying dependents, or provide evidence of comparable health insurance coverage that meets or exceeds the U of I requirements. International students must complete a separate waiver process through the International Programs Office.

Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)

Review the U of I SHIP webpage for information and forms. Select and download the necessary brochures for eligibility, enrollment, policy and waiver process details associated with the State Board of Education's insurance requirement.

The University Early Learning Center is available for University of Idaho, Idaho Falls students. Visit the Early Learning Center website for more information.

International students at U of I Idaho Falls can enjoy support services from the U of I International Programs Office (IPO) located in Moscow. IPO offers excellent support services, special information and tools for international students in order to help you succeed once you have arrived. Visit or contact the IPO office to learn more about academic programs, application processes, advising and more.

Email Alice Allen or call 208-757-5452 for more information.


Physical Address:

1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, ID 83402

Phone: 208-757-5450

Fax: 208-757-5494


Center for Advanced Energy Studies

Physical Address:

995 MK Simpson Boulevard
Idaho Falls, ID 83401