University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to SlateConnect.

Academic Petitions

To request an exception to the academic requirements and regulations in the General Catalog, students may submit an Academic Petition. Below are the steps to submit an Academic Petition.

  1. Meet with your academic advisor to see if an Academic Petition is the appropriate course of action. Discuss what you would like to petition and the circumstances surrounding the issue. If you or your advisor have any questions about the process, then contact Roopal Jani in the Mines Building, room 314 or via email at
  2. Complete the Academic Petition form (PDF) and obtain supporting documentation or letter(s) of support. The Academic Petition form is found on the Office of the Registrar Forms webpage.
  3. Pay the $10 fee to Student Accounts in the Pitman Center or by phone at 208-885-7447.
  4. Drop off your Academic Petition and any supporting documentation to Roopal Jani in the Mines Building, room 314 or via email at

Petitions are discussed and approved or denied by the Academic Petitions Committee, comprised of University of Idaho faculty and administration. The committee meets every Thursday afternoon during the fall and spring semesters and every other Thursday during the summer and breaks. Petitions should be submitted at least 1 day before the next scheduled meeting. After a petition has been presented, a college representative will send information to your Vandal Email about the committee’s decision.


College of Science

Physical Address:
Mines 321

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3025
Moscow, ID 83844-3025

Phone: 208-885-6195

Fax: 208-885-6904


Web: College of Science