University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to SlateConnect.


Costs and Payments

During the summer, there are no out-of-state or full-time fees. Fees are charged on a per-credit-hour basis.

For the full list of fees, visit Student Accounts and Cashiers.

Please note that web and hybrid course fees are in addition to the regular per-credit-hour fees.

Fees and other charges are subject to change and are effective when adopted by the University of Idaho Board of Regents. Dollar amounts are listed for advisory purposes and may change.  Please note that many courses carry lab fees or special fees in addition to the per-credit-hour fees listed above.


Please Note: Students are not dropped for non-payment.

Drop classes online PRIOR to the start of class to avoid being billed (and possibly being graded) for courses you’ve decided not to take.

Students dropping after the posted drop date in any session may be subject to a penalty (see Dates and Deadlines).

Questions regarding fees or refunds should be directed to Student Accounts at 208-885-7447 or

Summer financial aid is extremely limited. Contact the Financial Aid Office for further information.


Payment in full is due prior to, or on, the first day of class for which a student is enrolled. Payment plans are available for those students who don't have the ability to pay in full.

Students who register for classes at least two weeks prior to the start of a session will, when possible, receive mailed billing notification in their VandalMail.

It is the responsibility of each enrolled student to activate their VandalMail account. All official University communication is sent to your University of Idaho VandalMail account. You must also notify the University of your current mailing and permanent address. You may update your address information on VandalWeb.

Late fees begin on the fourth day of scheduled classes for any session for accounts that have an owing balance over $300 or aren't set up in a payment plan. Students who cannot make payment or furnish proof of financial aid by the date indicated should contact Student Accounts at 208-885-7447.

Payment Options Available

Credit card payments for fees, tuition and room and board are not accepted at the cashier’s window; these payments need to be made online through VandalWeb. The University of Idaho assesses a 2.85% fee (minimum $3) on all online credit card payments. If paid at the cashier's window, the fee will not apply to incidental charges, like parking tickets, health center charges, etc. The University’s web check application allows customers to pay online with a checking account and is not subject to the 2.85% fee.

If an agency is to be billed for fees, the billing authorization should be sent to the Student Accounts/Cashiers Office. (If you are responsible for a portion of the fees, you must also pay your portion of the fees prior to the payment deadline. The billing authorization should accompany your portion of the fees.) In the case of reciprocal education agreement forms, the form must be presented at the time of fee payment, prior to the payment deadline.

Students intending to pay with financial aid funds can confirm this, using VandalWeb the student registration system.

For complete information, visit the Student Accounts website or contact them at 208-885-7447 or

Please Note:
During summer, as in fall and spring, students are not dropped for failure to pay fees. Make sure to drop courses when there has been a change of plans. Failure to drop courses can result in students being billed and graded for courses.

Outstanding Obligations

All fees and outstanding obligations from previous semesters must be paid in full prior to registering for Summer Session. Fees may be paid in person at the cashier's window in the Bruce Pitman Center with a check or debit card. A personal check or money order may be mailed to:

Student Accounts
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 4250
Moscow, ID 83844-4250

Under the Employee Educational Assistance Program, salaried University of Idaho employees on regular appointment who work at least half time may enroll at the University for a $20 registration fee, plus $5 per credit, and any special course fees that may apply. During Summer Session, employees may enroll for 3 credits under this program. The value of this assistance may be taxable. Written approval of the employee’s departmental supervisor and dean or director must be entered on a Staff Tuition Fee Waiver Registration Permit and submitted to the Student Accounts office.

The Educational Fee and Tuition Reduction Program is extended to the spouses of salaried University of Idaho employees. The Educational Fee and Tuition Reduction Program is a qualified tuition reduction plan under Section 117 of the Internal Revenue Code and fees waived may be subject to taxes. A Staff Spouse Tuition Fee Waiver Registration can be downloaded and submitted to the Student Accounts office.

For more information about this program, visit Human Resources.

U of I's Military and Veteran Services assists veterans, dependents, reservists, and national guardsmen who are eligible for educational benefits through the Veterans Administration. Students using veterans benefits should contact Military and Veteran Services for assistance and any questions about qualifications.

Other Fees

Contact the Admissions Office for details on individual application fees.

Payments received after the posted deadlines for each session are subject to a $75 late fee.

A $10 fee is charged for each petition submitted to the Academic Petitions Committee or Graduate Council.

Refer to information about ordering transcripts for fee details.

Additional special fees are charged for some courses.  For more information, call Student Accounts/Cashiers at 208-885-7447.

In-service teacher education fees are special fees that apply only to courses approved as teacher education. A student who takes a course at the in-service teacher education rate must be an Idaho public schoolteacher or other professional employee of an Idaho school district. The appropriate academic units at the University of Idaho must approve a course that is offered at the in-service teacher education rate, and the credit awarded is for professional development only (it cannot be applied toward a degree program). To see if a particular course is being offered at the in-service teacher education rate, contact the offering department.