University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

U of I Coeur d'Alene Student Guide FAQ

Becoming a Vandal

  1. Admission is on a rolling basis, but we recommend you apply and complete your FAFSA between Oct. 1 and Dec. 1
  2. Registration opens in April for summer and fall terms and in November for spring. Allow several weeks for your application and transcripts to be processed.
  3. Classes for certain majors are more likely to fill up. Education students need to allow extra time to apply for the teaching program and get fingerprinted to do practicum in the schools.

  1. If you are currently enrolled in classes at another institution, order a current official transcript when you apply so you can be admitted.
  2. Schedule a final transcript to send after you are finished at your institution.
  3. Electronic and paper transcripts are accepted if they come directly from the institution. Paper transcripts should be mailed from the institution to:
    University of Idaho
    875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
    Moscow, ID 83844-4264

Consortium Agreement

If you are enrolled at both North Idaho College (NIC) and U of I and want to receive U of I financial aid, please review our consortium instructions.

Coeur d’Alene Center

  1. Over 40 U of I degrees are available to Vandals in North Idaho, including bachelor’s, master’s and doctorate programs. Many of these are fully online.
  2. Face-to-face undergraduate programs offered locally include only upper division courses from U of I. Lower division courses are available from North Idaho College, or credits can be transferred from another institution.

The Coeur d’Alene center works closely with NIC and U of I in Moscow to offer several resources to local students. Check out the resource guide.

Financial Aid

  1. Federal aid is available through FAFSA. We recommend you apply for admission between Oct. 1 and Dec. 1 and complete the FAFSA as soon as it becomes available.
  2. U of I offers scholarships and has a scholarship finder tool for admitted students.
  3. Often local organizations offer additional scholarships. Search now and build a calendar of application deadlines. One good example is the Idaho Opportunity Scholarship which normally closes in March.


  1. Talk to your academic advisor about when to transfer or concurrently enroll.
  2. Apply in the fall before the academic year you want to transfer or as soon as you make that decision
  3. Submit FAFSA.
  4. Check your email regularly for additional instructions.


  1. You can see U of I’s guaranteed financial aid here. There is no separate scholarship application. Admitted students also have access to ScholarshipUniverse.
  2. Check for additional local, state and national scholarships using resources such as Education Information Center, Idaho State Board of Education, Scholly and FastWeb. Pay attention to deadlines (often in spring).

Student Support

University of Idaho

Physical Address:
1031 N. Academic Way,
Suite 242
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

Phone: 208-667-2588

Fax: 208-664-1272



U of I CDA Directory Directions