University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.


Federal Grants

The great thing about federal grants? You don’t pay them back!* Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) ASAP for priority consideration.

Pell Grants

Pell Grants are awarded to undergraduates who have not yet earned a bachelor's degree. The amount can change yearly and is pro-rated based on credit load. The amount of Federal Pell Grant funds you may receive over your lifetime is limited to the equivalent of six years of Pell Grant funding (the six-year equivalent is 600 percent) Learn more about Pell Grants.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant may be awarded to full-time (12 credits per semester) undergraduates with exceptional financial need who meet the FAFSA priority date. Learn more about the FSEOG Grant.

If you receive an "F" or "W" grade

Students who receive a Pell Grant and receive an "F" or "W" grade must show they have participated in an academic activity in that class. Otherwise the Pell Grant may be reduced and may require (partial) repayment. (Academic activities may include: attending class, attending a lab, taking an exam or quiz, submitting an assignment, initiating contact with the faculty member or any other official academic activity. An academic activity does not include living in institutional housing, logging into an online class, etc.)

Student Financial Aid Services

Physical Address:

Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 101

709 Deakin Avenue
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
Student Financial Aid Office
875 Perimeter Dr
MS 4291
Moscow, ID 83844-4291

Phone: 208-885-6312

Fax: 208-885-5592