University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Manage Loans

Online Access to Your Direct Loans

If you would like to access your Direct Loan information, view your loan balance or payment history, change the date your payment is due, select a new repayment plan, change your address or download debit forms you will need to contact your loan servicer. Log into the National Student Loan Database System to find your Loan Servicer's contact information.

Exit Counseling/Repayment Options

If you previously received a Subsidized or Unsubsidized Stafford loan or a Graduate PLUS loan and are no longer enrolled at least half time (including withdrawing or graduating from the University of Idaho) you are required to complete Exit Counseling. Use your federal FSA ID to sign into, click on the "Complete Counseling" option and select "Exit Counseling" to begin the process.

Exit Counseling will help you understand your payment options, provide you with loan servicer contact information, and provide the balance of your federally backed loans.

After you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment, you have six months, called a grace period, before you must begin repayment of your Direct Subsidized and Direct Unsubsidized loans.

Parents who have borrowed Parent PLUS loans have the option to defer payments on their PLUS loan as long as their student remains enrolled in at least half-time credits.

The Direct Loan Program offers a variety of repayment plans. You can select the one that is right for your financial circumstances and switch repayment plans at any time without penalty.

For more information on any repayment plans, please visit the repayment page on the Student Aid on the Web website.

Cancellation/Forgiveness Options for Loans

In certain circumstances, your loans can be discharged or canceled. Select a link below for more information on the different cancellation options.

Important Websites

The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the US Department of Education’s central database for student aid. Use this website to find out information (Loan History) on all Federal student loans borrowed. Loans included will be Direct Loans, Graduate PLUS, Federal Family Educational Loans, and Perkins loans. Private loans are not included.

The Federal FSA ID website. Use this to register for an FSA ID or if you need to retrieve a forgotten number.

This is the US Department of Education’s Federal Aid website. It contains extensive information about Grace Periods, Deferment, Forbearance, Consolidation, Cancellation, and defaulted loan guidance.

Student Financial Aid Services

Physical Address:

Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 101

709 Deakin Avenue
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
Student Financial Aid Office
875 Perimeter Dr
MS 4291
Moscow, ID 83844-4291

Phone: 208-885-6312

Fax: 208-885-5592